San Diego's 4 Hour Recruiting System
“Four Hour Format” Hiring System Course
This may be a new way of recruiting for your San Diego company. Remember this: if you don’t change the system or process of hiring that you’ve been using thus far, then you’ll simply get more of what you’ve already got. Here’s a proven recruiting and induction system based on the following principles:
- Attract a large pool of applicants and you’re more likely to get the right person.
- Implement multiple levels of screening and you’ll waste less time in lengthy interviews with under-qualified candidates.
- Observe a short list of applicants perform the essentials of the position in real time and you’re less likely to be surprised on their first day.
- Assess your short list of applicants to make sure that you’re making an appropriate match.
Here’s the 4 Hours Format in detail:
Hour #1: Generate leads for position
- Develop job description and/or ad
- Identify (10 to 20) agencies
- Complete their contract if required
- Call back the day after JD is faxed to ask for resumes
Hour #2: Phone screening of leads
- Set up a dedicated voice mail box for phone screening.
- Complete voice mail script for voice mail box and record
- Complete Job description and ad that sends leads to dedicated voice mail box message
- Listen to responses and call to request resumes from good candidates
- Qualify candidates by comparing resumes to job description
- Develop a short list of candidates
- Have the short list of candidates fill out application forms (optional)
Hour #3: On-site screening of leads (test drive)
- Arrange group or individual on-site screening
- Design on-site screening (test drive)
- De-brief on-site screening (test drive) with candidates
- Include existing team members in review of candidate performance
- Develop short list of candidates (2 to 4)
Hour #4: Final interview and hire
- Interview short list
- Open-ended vs. close-ended: “what have you… how have you…”
- Develop questions to uncover actual past experience pertaining to skill set and tasks required for position
- Use same set of questions for all interviewees
- Rate the response of interviewee on each question as 1 through 5, record comments
- Rank short list according to preference
- Check references on top choice
- Complete an HR assessment on top choice (DISC)
- Negotiate salary and make offer
- Complete hiring agreement/contract